Thursday 17 December 2015

Favourite Tracks of 2015

Messing around with minidiscs again prompted me to put a disc together of my favourite tracks of the year. In fact I did two discs, but here is a playlist of the first. I think it represents my favourite albums of the year. No surprise in finding the likes of Mr Wilson there, but Riverside for me upped their game considerably, adding a decidedly 80's vibe to produce a phenomenally atmospheric and assured set of songs. But the big find of the year was Snarky Puppy and it was this track and its accompanying video that really blew me away. That and the other "big band", Jaga Jazzist were a couple of my musical highlights of the year without a doubt!

  • Riverside - Discard Your Fear
  • Jaga Jazzist - Big City Music
  • Snarky Puppy - The Curtain
  • Steven Wilson - Routine
  • Perfect Beings - Cryogenia
  • Rhys Marsh - Find Another Way
  • Nad Sylvan - Long Slow Crash Landing
  • Bruce Soord - Buried Here
  • Tim Bowness - Sing To Me
  • Gazpacho - Park Bench

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment