Saturday 12 March 2016

Keith Emerson 1944 - 2016

 

Words simply cannot express the importance of Keith Emerson on my life. I was 11 years old, back in 1972 around a friends parents house. His big brother had on a record and I heard all these strange noises coming from the speakers, things I had never heard before. The album sleeve had these strange blank framed paintings hung on a wall. That was The Old Castle and the album was Pictures at an Exhibition. That was the start of a musical journey that has lasted to this day. But it was Emersons glorious Moog playing that set it all off and has made music the single most pleasure in my life. Made it more important than food or water. Music is ingrained into my soul and it's all thanks to the music of ELP. But especially thanks to Keith Emerson. He has been with me all those years and now he is gone!

 

1 comment: